Sunday 14 May 2017

Sunday coffee

From my usual seat at the Happy Chairs Cafe



Egg delivery.  The guy on the bike to the left is balancing a tray of eggs in his left hand


And  here they come into the cafe all safe and sound.  Omelette with feta and bacon, one of our favourite mezes with a glass of wine


The family bike.  Baba takes his daughter home, both without crash helmets, Dad driving with one hand on the 'wheel' and one arm round his daughter.  A very common sight.


Not many wear crash helmets anyway.  Wonder what sort of protection they think a jockey cap will give.


Heavy Sunday traffic on the waterfront



Coffees and beer . The owner paid for two rounds of beers.  A passing son in law paid for another round and a friend who thought he 'owed' us paid for another.

A cheap Sunday morning at our favourite watefront cafe.




11 comments:

  1. We don't need safety gear. We're Greek! Lol
    I'd love to sit and watch the world go by with you right there. What a wonderful way to spend a morning/day/evening lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got it again, Angela! Just matters if you hit yourself in the head!!
      Actually I always have my tablet with me to tune out, and a camera to take photos. Our company is usually greek men friends of K and the chat does get rather boring. Do love to watch the passing parade though.

      Delete
  2. Every country is different.
    Here I press a button to cross the road, admit Don,t look right or left as when green or hear the beep I cross. Cars, buses ,Lorries, motorbikes and all traffic stops imediately!. If I did that In Athens I would be dead!.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In Athens you wait till it turns green and then look darn sharply in all directions before stepping out. I follow the crowd!

      Delete
  3. Athens rule of crossing the road ensure there are 10 Greeks either side of me then run like hell!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having to wear a helmet ruins that feeling of freedom when riding a moped or scooter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I have been told it is just not 'cool' to wear a helmet. I have a pink striped half helmet and I love it!

      Delete
  5. I wish i could see the sea every day, how lucky you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I enjoy the mountains too. It is always so peaceful and usually much cooler.

      Delete
  6. I follow the crowd when I cross the road in a foreign country and that means Russia for me.

    ReplyDelete